Most people want to know the quickest and easiest way to save money. Unfortunately, there is usually no quick way to save money. However, there are little tips you can follow that could potentially save you thousands of dollars annually. Here are a few of those tips:
- Change your habits: You must live within your means. For example, if a person makes $500.00 per week, he or she should never spend more than that weekly.
- Save first, Spend second: You must save money on a consistent basis every pay check. For example, if you make $40,000 a year and your annual expenses add up to $30,000 then you will have $10,000 of extra spending money. Therefore, you should choose to save an X amount of dollars from this amount before you start spending. If you are disciplined enough to implement this simple step you could potentially save up to $10,000 in this scenario.
- Consult a Professional Tax Preparer: Have a Professional Tax Preparer review your income tax returns for the past 3 years. You will be surprised how many allowable deductions and credits people miss from including in their tax returns. These include credits such as the child tax credit, educational credits, and credits for children who attend private schools.
- Check your Insurance Bills: Review all of your insurance policies with an Independent Agent or make sure to shop around. There are countless reputable insurance companies and the price they offer for the same coverage can vary between all of them sometimes by hundreds or even thousands of dollars each year. Also, check your deductible. You may want to increase your deductible, and by doing so you may save hundreds or thousands of dollars throughout the year. Just remember, Haj Financial is an Independent Insurance Agency that can assist you with all of your insurance needs.
- Review your mortgage documents: You may be able to refinance for a lower rate which could save you thousands of dollars each year.
We at Haj Financial will be happy to review your financial health and you will be shocked to learn how much money you will save annually.